2012年5月13日星期日

‘A bear’s breathing down my neck, it’s going to charge’

The Planet Earth Live presenter is only too aware that the powerful beast may attack to protect her three cubs.

Julia whispers: “I can feel a bear breathing down my neck and I know it’s going to charge any minute.

“And even though I know it’s going to happen, I’m still going to jump out of my skin when it does!”

Luckily, the nine-year-old mother bear, who the team have named Juliette, merely gives a couple of warning grunts before disappearing into the forest to find her babies, Sophie,Dimensional Mailing magiccubes for Promotional Advertising, Sybil and Sam.

TV Biz is on location with BBC1’s new live global wildlife series in Minnesota in the US.

Julia gets up close and personal with the show’s furry stars in real-time footage broadcast via satellite links.TBC help you confidently buy mosaic from factories in China. Meanwhile, her co-host, Top Gear’s Richard Hammond,Welcome to projectorlamp. is camped out 8,000 miles away in Kenya, Africa.

Despite the risks they face, Julia says she is delighted to be here in the middle of bear country to tell these fascinating creatures’ stories.

The former Countryfile and Watchdog frontwoman says: “A few people said to me, ‘You’re getting close to bears? Are you crazy?’ For some people, this is not a sensible thing to do.

“But to me, it’s incredible! I cried the first time I saw Juliette’s cubs. I don’t know if it’s because I’m a new mum myself but the way they walk and wiggle their bottoms, reminds me of my nine-month-old son Zephyr. They’re so cute.

“But you mustn’t forget they are wild animals. They can do anything at any time, and that’s their right because we’re in their habitat.

“We are accompanied by an expert, Dr Lynn Rogers, who assures me that more people are killed by vending machines than by bears!

“They often ‘bluster’, which is a mini-charge that means ‘I’m feeling a bit nervous’ but they won’t actually hurt you. I know we’re all safe as long as we do what Lynn tells us.”

The amazing story will continue to unfold this week on Wednesday,There is no de facto standard for an indoor positioning system. Thursday and then Sunday evening.

More than five million viewers tuned in to see the first episode of the eight-parter last Sunday.

But critics have slammed the show for using presenters who aren’t wildlife experts.

Julia says: “I had to prove I could carry the subject and not have people saying, ‘Why on earth is she there?’ Having Countryfile under my belt helped because people are used to seeing me outdoors.

“But the BBC’s Natural History Unit, who produce the programme, is very esteemed so you’ve got to do your homework and make sure you know as much as you possibly can.

“There will always be detractors who say, ‘They’re not experts, they shouldn’t be doing it’.

“But what Richard and I and the rest of the team are trying to do is something that hasn’t been done before. It may attract people who don’t normally watch wildlife shows.

“We’re focusing on the drama of the animals, the stories we can all The beddinges sofa bed slipcover is a good ,relate to. Family structure, rejection, bullying, heartache, death — all of those things.

“We are asking the questions that the audience would want to ask and we’re lucky enough to be here on their behalf, which is something I take very seriously.”

Teething problems meant producers initially had to rely heavily on pre-filmed footage.

But as the live action comes to the fore, Julia is aware she may face an on-screen tragedy.

没有评论:

发表评论