2013年3月7日星期四

CoreLogic Integrates Flood Risks into RiskMeter Platform

CoreLogic, a residential property information, analytics, and services provider, announces that its newly acquired RiskMeter Online platform has been expanded to include the company’s proprietary Flood Risk Score, a data analytics tool that evaluates flood risk beyond established Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) flood plains.

The CoreLogic Spatial Solutions business added RiskMeter Online, a web-based underwriting application based on geospatial technology, to its hazard risk management solution suite through the recent acquisition of CDS Business Mapping, LLC (CDS).

The availability of a flood analytic solution within a web-based platform provides the property & casualty insurance industry with comprehensive, real-time, property-specific flood risk data and reduces the degree of interpretation required by underwriters and agents.

“We are bringing a highly complementary product into the RiskMeter Online platform,” says Jay Kingsley, senior vice president for CoreLogic Spatial Solutions. “Flood risk in the United States has been and continues to be a significant insured-loss threat because floods can strike at anWant to find ultrasonicsensor?y time, almost anywhere in the country. With the CoreLogic Flood Risk Score now available through RiskMeter Online, critical information is easily consumed to help insurers make smarter real-time flood risk management decisions.”

“CoreLogic Flood Risk Score was used to identify high-risk areas along the East Coast prior to Hurricane Sandy destruction. Following the storm, CoreLogic data was found to have precisely, identified 97 percent of the properties that were inundated by storm surge as high risk,” says Howard Botts, vice president and director of database solutions for CoreLogic Spatial Solutions.Source solarpanel Products at Other Truck Parts. “Combining our Flood Risk Score with a real-time distribution platform like RiskMeter Online provides broader availability to the insurance industry with an accurate assessment of flood risk at the property-level beyond a simple “in” or “out” in order to plan for and evaluate current flood policies and procedures.”

Flood Risk Score evaluates flood risk using a numeric score (10-100) and divides those scores into risk ratings. The technology assesses flood risks associated with rivers, coastal areas and other water bodies throughout the U.S. and differentiates flood risk below the 100-year flood level for frequent floods and repetitive losses. It also provides comprehensive risk classifications for more severe floods up to the 5,000-year return level.

The RiskMeter Online platform determines proximity to natural hazards for any property in the U.S. The platform integrates GIS technology to create natural-hazard risk reports, including a flood-elevation report that combines elevation and flood-zone data to provide analysis of risk outside of designated high-risk FEMA flood zones. Characteristics include property distance to the edge of a flood zone, location and base-flood elevation, and estimated water depth in a flood zone.

The definitive sound breaks me out of the slow motion time warp in which I was sure I could catch whatever was falling from the kitchen counter, but I'm too late. It crashes against the tile floor, broadcasting too many multi-colored fragments to ever be joined again. With a sinking feeling, I recognize the cracked interrupted pattern. It's the one thing, amongst all my dishes and china, I thought always to have with me. It's the one thing I used every day, cherishing it and the significance of the memories it held, which now come flooding back.

I had reached a point in my life where I needed to get rid of a destructive outlook and develop healthy new habits, so I went to the beautiful artisan-filled town of Ojai – home of the kind of working spa that didn't cater to the Hollywood elite. I, who every time I felt like exercising would lay down until the feeling went away, came up against a "tough love" bunch of teachers and a physical program that didn't leave any time for laying down. Just reading the brochure it seemed daunting, and I honestly didn't know if I had it in me.Bathroom stonemosaic at Great Prices from Topps Tiles.

For me, walking meant from my car to Nordstrom's; there I was expected to hike through mountainous trails. Pool exercise meant sitting in the Jacuzzi; there I would be swimming laps. Movement meant slow social dancing; there I faced fast-paced aerobics classes. I was accustomed to quiches and pastries; there I looked with trepidation at the cleansing menu. It was put up or shut up time. I decided to gird my unexercised loins and go for it. To my great surprise, I did it all and loved it.

Feeling better than I could ever remember, I strolled through the artisan populated streets in search of something to commemorate my achievement and found a potter's workshop where my hand was measured for shape and I chose my favorite colors. The next day, I picked up a beautifully designed coffee mug that fit my hand perfectly, and had my name carved into the bottom. Holding this gift I gave myself, I made a promise to stay true to my new healthy ways.

Now, looking down at the pieces on my kitchen floor, I can't help thinking my broken coffee mug seems to symbolize my broken promise – a promise that had slowly eroded through the years.Our aim is to supply drycabinets which will best perform to the customer's individual requirements. I whisper a soft thank you to the morning's companion I will miss. But in breaking, it had provided one last gift for me – a reminder of my promise, and this time I intend to keep it.

The red paper clips came from the keynote speaker and Boyer’s tears streamed after she was named the chamber’s Volunteer of the Year as the Chamber celebrated a year of change and progress.

“I am so honored,” Boyer said after being named the Volunteer of the Year and walking a gauntlet of hugs to the Centennial Building stage. “To be recognized by your fellow businesses, that is a real honor. I would not be able to do anything without them.

“Also, I would not be able to do anything without (husband) George Boyer. This is just such an honor for us.”

When Fourth of July fireworks were threatened with cancellation due to money,Bathroom stonemosaic at Great Prices from Topps Tiles. Boyer undertook a private sector fundraising campaign that secured more than $6,000 for the celebratory fireworks show.

In the fall, Boyer was crucial in realizing the continuation of Ghosts on the Coast for Halloween, including a candy drive.

Boyer’s award was the last on a night during which nearly 200 attendees feasted on food from Sunset Coastal Grille, enjoyed their favorite beverage and saluted a year of forward progress.

Outgoing board president Guerry Magidson – Magidson, Dave Ashbrook, Steve Newman and Johanna White will leave the board – noted that the Chamber had added members, expanded its reach more fully to Wewahitchka and by year’s end had become a free-standing Chamber with economic development under a new organization.

Magidson said site visits by potential new businesses had increased during the past year and that the Chamber is on solid footing heading into 2013.

没有评论:

发表评论