2012年12月4日星期二

Black Ops 2' raises the stake

The “Call of Duty” franchise has taken a lot of heat for what many gamers consider iterative annual updates that do little to advance the series.

In the latest installment, “Call of Duty: Black Ops II” ($60; PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360), developer Treyarch shakes up the monotony, making major additions to the single-player campaign and smaller, but still significant, changes to its lauded multiplayer experience. The result is hands-down the series’ best game to date -- one that boasts both an engaging, action-packed storyline and the same fast-paced online play that has lifted the brand to stardom.

The campaign’s story alternates perspective among several characters. “Black Ops” protagonist Alex Mason returns for flashback missions set in the 1980s that lay the groundwork for his son David’s struggles to stop a terrorist attack in 2025. Throughout,Our technology gives rtls systems developers the ability. players battle against Raul Menendez, a charismatic ultra-villain who shines brightest among the talented voice-acting cast.

The game’s most arresting new features appear in campaign mode, where the way players complete missions directly affects the outcome of the story. Some of these decisive moments are obvious, such as being given a choice to execute a character or let him live. Others are far more subtle.

At one point, I sat behind the wheel of a speeding vehicle while fleeing a city overrun with enemy forces. As I desperately dodged falling debris and gunfire, I inadvertently swerved into the path flames jetting from a destroyed building. Instead of being presented with a game-over screen, I saw my squadmate severely burned as a result of my actions.

In later cutscenes, his face was heavily scarred, and fellow soldiers at one point joked about the toll his new appearance must be taking on his love life. It’s a minor incident that didn’t alter the game’s final showdown, but definitely added to the overall sense of immersion.

On several following occasions, I caught myself actively questioning the consequences of my actions. That’s a major departure from previous “Call of Duty” campaigns in which gamers are merely along for the ride.

Also new this time around are Strike Force missions, which task players with completing objectives that range from destroying enemy strongholds to protecting bases and rescuing hostages. Players can take an overhead view of the action and command their units via real-time strategy tactics, but I found this method particularly frustrating and tedious.

Instead, I opted to control a soldier on the ground and bark simple orders of “defend” and “attack.” I appreciate Treyarch mixing up the gameplay, though these segments felt a bit like multiplayer matches carried out with bots, and didn’t convey the same weight as other sections of the story.

These objectives pop up between the campaign’s standard missions and,We mainly supply professional craftspeople with wholesale turquoise beads from china, while optional, successfully completing them (or not) has a major impact on how the game’s final moments play out. Even if you’re not thrilled with the Strike Force experience, you may feel obligated see it through in order to achieve the most favorable ending.

While the original “Black Ops” was a high point for storytelling in the series, the stellar execution of these new features lift its sequel head-and-shoulders above the rest.

Changes to the game’s multiplayer modes are far less drastic.Find detailed product information for howo tractor and other products. The Zombies offering returns with a new Tranzit mode, in which players travel from one location to the next by bus while fighting off the undead.

Treyarch alters competitive multiplayer by introducing a 10-item inventory limit. Instead of simply buying the best of every category, gamers must now carefully choose how to manage their precious space. While one class might carry two primary weapons stocked with attachments, another may exclusively load up on ability-boosting perks and have to scavenge for fallen guns on the battlefield.

Despite these updates, the multiplayer offerings are, at their core, the same experience players have been raving about for years. Treyarch hits a high note with the “Black Ops II” campaign, and delivers the thrilling online action longtime fans crave.

You bet we do! Some of us are students pursuing Masters Degrees. Some of us wake up at 5:00am to work a full-time job and attend continuing education classes at night. Some of us are holding down three or four jobs in addition to our Sea Gal duties. And some of us own businesses. I’m in that group. I’m the owner of Pacific West Performing Arts, aka ‘PacWest’.

I opened my dance studio in 2004 having little idea of just how much work owning a business required. I quickly learned that I’d be doing a majority of the teaching, bookkeeping, purchasing, advertising, and worrying. I worked hard and learned a lot over the years, the biggest lesson being to delegate and trust others. Since then I’ve moved to a new location, started a second location, hired an amazing crew of administrative assistants, and expanded my teaching staff to 15.

In 2010 I made the decision to try out for the Sea Gals. I’ve been a Seahawks fan since Jim Zorn days. I felt the business was in a good place. I’d be up against girls over 10 years my junior, but with hard work I thought I had a shot. This was the time to do it. Again, hard work paid off because I made the 2010 squad as well as the 2011 and the 2012 squads – and served as a squad leader the last two years. I have loved every minute of it.

The other question I get once people learn about PacWest is “How do you juggle being a Sea Gal with owning a business?” The fact is, I have the most supportive students and staff imaginable.The howo truck is offered by Shiyan Great Man Automotive Industry,High quality stone mosaic tiles. There are certainly times when I feel I should be at the studio but have a Monday Night Football game, or the annual Sea Gal auction, or just need to recover from a game! My students and staff know how much I love being a part of the Seahawks organization, and know that my time as a Sea Gal is limited. I’ve only been able to pursue this dream because of their help and support. I’m hoping they’ll be alright with my being in New Orleans come February…!

没有评论:

发表评论